As of SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
REMADE Institute events held virtually and/or physically (each an “Event”) are designed to provide all participants the opportunity to learn and interact productively and professionally in a dynamic environment. By and as a condition of registering as an attendee, speaker, sponsor, volunteer, or participant in any other capacity of an Event, you:
- Acknowledge that your registration entitles you to access the Event and Event sessions for which you have registered. You may not share or transfer your or your organization’s Event credentials with any third party without our prior written permission.
- Agree to comply with the Code of Conduct and understand that you may report any concerns about other participant conduct in accordance with that policy.
- Allow us to publish your name, company or organization, and location (city, state, country) in marketing and communications collaterals and lists of Event participants. If you are an Event speaker or presenter, we may share your provided contact information, bio and photo for Event promotional and informational purposes. Additional attendee information that may be collected in connection with an Event will be used by the REMADE Institute for legitimate business purposes in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
- Acknowledge that your right to access the Event venue(s) is subject to all policies, rules and regulations imposed by the REMADE Institute and/or the relevant Event venue. You also acknowledge that you are responsible, and we do not assume any liability, for your personal arrangements including travel, accommodation and hospitality relating to the Event, and for all property or equipment that you bring to an Event venue.
- Understand that you may be photographed and recorded at Event activities by us, our agents, and/or the press, and that such images and recordings may include content you present or display. You irrevocably consent to and allow use of any image or recording of your appearance and content taken while you attend an Event, including without limitation distribution and broadcasting of photos, videos, likeness, and audio recordings, for any and all purposes deemed appropriate by the REMADE Institute. The REMADE Institute is the owner of all rights in and to such images and recordings and shall have no obligation or liability to you or any other party in connection with such use.
- Acknowledge that participation in an in-person event includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19; knowingly and freely assume such risks; and certify that your attendance in person is conditioned on not having tested positive, or been told by a healthcare worker that you are presumed positive, for COVID-19 within at least five (5) days of the Event (or such longer period as may be identified in then-current guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Acknowledge that we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change any and all aspects of an Event, including without limitation Event name, content, program, time, moderators, and speakers; and that Events are provided on an “as-is” basis and without any representation as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees, or sponsors. Except as required by law, the REMADE Institute disclaims any and all liability for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with any Event, including but not limited to liability related to or arising out of infection, illness, injury, or death associated with infectious diseases such as COVID-19; and for direct damages except to the extent caused by the sole gross negligence of the REMADE Institute, not to exceed the amount of the Event fee.
- Permit us to add you to email newsletter lists for the REMADE Institute, Sustainable Manufacturing Innovation Alliance Corp., and any third-party Event sponsor. You may opt out from future newsletters at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link located on the communication.
- Agree to indemnify and hold harmless the REMADE Institute and its officers, employees, and agents against any and all liability, loss, damages, or claims, including reasonable attorney fees and other defense costs, asserted by any third party (“Liability”), but only in proportion to and to the extent such Liability is caused by or arises out of your negligent or wrongful acts.
- Accept these Event Terms, Code of Conduct and Privacy Statement (collectively “Terms”) on behalf of yourself or the person or entity on whose behalf you are registering. You are responsible for informing any such person or entity of the Terms and ensuring their compliance, and represent you are authorized to register on their behalf. The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to their conflict of laws principles, and may not be modified except in a writing signed by you and the REMADE Institute explicitly amending any provision of the Terms. If a provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Our failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
Event code of conduct
REMADE Institute Events welcome a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. Event participants are expected to be courteous and professional at all times, communicate openly and respectfully with others, and listen thoughtfully and with consideration (including muting audio when not speaking during a virtual event).
The REMADE Institute does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Participants are expected to adhere to these principles and respect the rights of others. We may remove from an Event any person whose participation creates a disruption or hinders the enjoyment of Event content by other attendees, as determined by the REMADE Institute in its sole discretion. We also reserve the right to exclude any prospective participant from registering for or participating in any Event for any reason in our sole discretion.
All intellectual property rights in and to an Event, including without limitation Event content, materials distributed at or in connection with the Event, and trademarks and trade names appearing at the Event (collectively “IP Rights”) are owned by the REMADE Institute, Event sponsors or presenters, and/or other third parties. You may not use or reproduce, or allow anyone to use or reproduce, any IP Rights for any reason without the prior written permission of their respective owner(s). Those holding press credentials may capture footage for media coverage purposes only and may not use video, audio or photographs for marketing, advertising, or commercial purposes without express written permission from both the conference session presenter(s) and the REMADE Institute. Unless otherwise directed, attendees at Events will be permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or smart phones to take photographs, videos, and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use, provided the photography and/or videography is not disruptive, and such photographs/videography/digital images may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. Due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices in today’s world, REMADE disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the Event.
If you are the subject of or witness behavior at an Event that violates this Code of Conduct, please notify us here.